Purpose, Participation, Registration, and more
Conditions for Participation
The annual GK Artificial Intelligence for Retail AG DATA MINING CUP (DMC for short) workshop aims to enthuse students, PhD students, scientific assistants, and participants of research groups from Educational Institutions worldwide for intelligent data analysis (Data Mining) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Registered participants submit an application to present their own exciting project in the fields of data mining and artificial intelligence in retail at the DMC workshop
2. Conditions for participation
Students, PhD students, scientific assistants, and participants of research groups are entitled to take part in the DMC.
2.2 Team members
Participants can participate as a team or alone. There is no restriction on the size of the team. Individual team members do not need to register separately. All participants must be active in the university environment (see 2.1).
The participants must register for the DMC between March 8, 2023 and May 23, 2023 exclusively using the online form provided on this website. The registration must include the first and last names as well as the contact details of the participant and the name and faculty of the educational institution.
The registration must also include the following information and declarations:
- Express declaration by the applicants that they act as the contact for GK Artificial Intelligence for Retail AG in the name of, on behalf of and with the express agreement of all team members.
- The express declaration of the applicant that on behalf of all team members the applicant agrees to the application of these participation conditions that can be viewed at online form for the competition and on behalf of all team members the applicant accepts the application of these participation conditions as the basis of the team’s participation in the competition.
- The applicant agrees that their personal data can be collected, saved and used for the purposes of implementing and processing the competition. GK Artificial Intelligence for Retail AG will not use the data for other purposes.
- With the team’s registration the applicant declares that all of the statements made there in apply to them as a person.
4. Call for Participations and Submission
4.1 Call for Participation
The Call for Participation is provided to the applicant on April 12, 2023. The Announcement contains the exact the exact restrictions of the subject area.
The application must be submitted by the participant stating at the latest by the end of the submission deadline on May 24, 2023 at 3 o’clock p.m. UTC+2, or CEST. Additional information on submission will be provided with the task.
5. DMC Workshop
5.1 Announcement to the best submission
The participants who have qualified for the workshop will be informed in good time before the presence event takes place. The qualified participants are obliged to submit the team list stating the team members who worked on the application.
5.2 DMC Workshop
The workshop will take place in June 2023 in Berlin. The costs for accommodation, travel expenses, and participation in the workshop will be covered by the organizer. At the workshop, two participants from each team will present their own project, and we will have an open discussion with the audience.
6. Copyright/usage rights
The participant (and team members) make assurances that they are the owner of the rights to the submitted project.
The participant (and team members) are obliged to present their project as part of the DMC workshop.
The participant (and team members) are authorised to use the winning entry for promotional purposes.
The participant (and team members) consent to the usage of any photo or video material they submitted for the workshop on GK Software websites, in social media and for press releases.
7. Non-compliance with the terms of participation
GK Artificial Intelligence for Retail AG reserves the right not to approve participants for the workshop or exclude them from it if the participation requirements stated in Sections 2 and 3 are not met.
8. Final provisions
8.1 Data storage and cancellation
GK Artificial Intelligence for Retail AG stores all data and material submitted by the participants for ten years.
8.2 Court of jurisdiction
The court of jurisdiction is the headquarters of GK Artificial Intelligence for Retail AG.
These participation conditions, the workshop and the resulting legal relationships between the participants and GK Artificial Intelligence for Retail AG are subject exclusively to the law of the Federal Republic of Germany.
The nullity or ineffectiveness of individual provisions in these participation conditions does not affect the validity of the other provisions. The participants are obliged to replace the ineffective provision by an effective one that comes as close as possible to the economic and legal purpose of the ineffective provision. This also applies if there is a gap in these participation conditions.
GK Artificial Intelligence for Retail AG